Monday, November 06, 2006

brrr.

i love autumn and the changing leave, except that it is way too short of a season. pennsylvania has beautiful foliage, but its over before you know it. ian and i traveled up to erie this weekend, and the drive up was beautiful. the changing leaves, the scenery... a warm coffee, it felt warm and cozy. then we hit meadville. snow. and lots of it. as we arrived in erie, i'd guess there was at least 5 inches? i'm not ready for it! luckily, it had pretty much melted by sunday when we left... but it was a sad reminder of whats to come in the next week or two. time to get my knitting into gear and start on my list of cold weather knits.

it was nice to see my family again, and we brought up our wedding album to show everyone. [post coming soon!]. sadly, when we got back into pittsburgh last night, i received a call from my sister saying my dad had been taken to the hospital by ambulance... he is in intensive care now, with a bad case of pneumonia. my dad has emphysema and asbestosis and is on oxygen, so when he gets pneumonia, its a little more risky for him. everyone who met him at the wedding knows thats he's a fighter, but lets all cross our fingers and pray that he'll be out of ICU soon.

now its time for me to get back to my freelance project and try to concentrate. once i'm finished with that, i've got another long to-do list of post-wedding business to take care of, namely finishing the thank you notes and finalizing the rest of my name changes. who knew there was so much work *after* the wedding? maybe i'll even find some time to get back to work on my weekender bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} Sending good thoughts your way for your dad's speedy recovery.

The Weekender Bag looks pretty slick.....but what about knitting? Any projects on the needles? It's that time of year you know.....

Your SP9 Secret Pal