Thursday, June 22, 2006

short update

how has june flown by so quickly?? it seems like just yesterday i was unwrapping gifts, and now its almost the 4th of july. things have been really busy lately, so this may be a short post :)

ian and i went up to erie the weekend before fathers day to celebrate my dad's 79th birthday, and to have our first "pre-marital" counseling session with my pastor. that involved taking a long standardized test to measure our compatibility and views on a long list of stuff. i bet he's just entering our answers on match.com. :) we've also started going thru all of my belongings that are still at my parents house. that is going to be a huge task, since i haven't really "lived" there since the summers between college years. i won't even say how long ago that was. my parents have been discussing moving into a smaller home this fall. i'll admit a six bedroom house is a little too big for 2 people, but its also sad since i grew up in the house, and my dad + grandfather built it. anyone interested in a huge house in erie? :)

my sister that lives in erie called on tuesday night to let me know my mom was in the hospital overnight for observation. her blood pressure was really off, and there were some issues with her heart. they did a few tests yesterday and everything seemed ok, so she was sent home to rest. pittsburgh isn't that far away from erie, but sometimes it seems too far, especially when family is concerned.

in other news, freelancing has been pretty busy the past few weeks. ian and i have gotten a lot done on my new office. [photos will come later as the camera is charging now.] last night he started building a closet/bookshelf system in there, as it will be a "bedroom" when it comes time to sell the house. landscaping was put on hold for a bit due to the rain we've been getting, but i hope to plant some groundcover this weekend on the strip of dirt on the side of the house. still need to finish the stepping stone walkway, but we haven't had a chance to pick up the rest of the supplies for that.

wedding plans are coming along. i've started work on my dress [yay!!], but i can't really talk about that or upload photos. so you will just have to wait until the wedding. speaking of, i designed a quick site for the wedding, so if everyone wants to send us gifts, its all on there. jk :) i also want this, but its not at target, and we're still debating adding an amazon wedding registry.

i haven't been knitting much lately, since i've been too busy with other things. you know... work, life, etc. i'm hoping to get back into some new projects soon, esp since my SP sent me some lovely yarn and chocolate for my birthday. [i'll have to post that photo later too.] speaking of projects, i think its time for me to get back to work!

No comments: